IBMP Meeting Calendar
July 30, 2014
Location: Best Western+ Kwataqnuk Inn; Polson, MT
Host and Lead Partner for this meeting: Confederated & Salish Kootenai Tribes
- Final meeting report
- Final meeting agenda
- Draft 2015 Winter harvest proposal presented by the National Park Service. Please note that this proposal is in draft form. It was discussed but not accepted by the Partners (see meeting summary report) and will be further discussed at the November 2014 IBMP meeting. Under their Partner Protocols, the Partners strive to have the Winter Operations Plan (which incorporates this bison harvest plan) agreed to by Dec 31st each year.
- Human Dimensions of Wild Bison: Attitudes of Gateway Community Residents. A presentation by Dr. Elizabeth Covelli Metcalf from the University of Montana. Dr. Metcalf is an Assistant Professor of Parks Tourism & Recreation Management in the College of Forestry and Conservation.
- CSKT Uplands Restoration (note 30 mB file; requires download). A presentation by Art Soukkala, wildlife biologist from the CSKT Department of Fish, Wildlife, Recreation, and Conservation.
- The following two items were disussed during the meeting and supplied by NPS for posting after the meeting:
* Bison Population and Disease Model (version 6)
* Bison Spatial Distributions for winter 2015 (version 3)